Almost all pufferfish contain tetrodotoxin, a substance that makes them foul tasting and often lethal to fish. To humans, tetrodotoxin is deadly, up to 1,200 times more poisonous than cyanide. There is enough toxin in one pufferfish to kill 30 adult humans, and there is no known antidote. So a word to the wise, don’t eat them.
Latest posts by baby animals (see all)
- The Real Chick Magnet - April 19, 2014
- Baby Animals: Baby Lion, Baby Tiger & Baby Hyena Cub - April 18, 2014
- Cutest Baby Penguin Photos - April 13, 2014